POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Parfum Flacon WIP : Parfum Flacon WIP Server Time
10 Aug 2024 21:03:30 EDT (-0400)
  Parfum Flacon WIP
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 30 Jun 2004 17:07:02
Message: <40e32b76@news.povray.org>
Hi fellow POVers,

I'm working on the metallic material, but I think the result is worth
posting now. Maybe you can rate the photo-realism of it on a scale from 1-10
(10 being best) ?

The surroundings aren't too "warm", I know. It's grey and doesn't really fit
the motif... But it's a test... My original plan was also to make the blue
plastic into glass, but I haven't got that to work yet, and it will slow
down rendering. Rendering time for this image was 2 hours 20 minutes on AMD
1.4 GHz. (because I used focal blur with 80 samples)... I did not use
photons (doesn't seem to matter in this case) nor did I use radiosity. I did
the modelling in Wings3D.

Any comments are welcome.

Regards,
Hugo